Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Around Town...

A few random photos from my life of late...

We volunteered at the school across from our house a few weeks ago.  They have never had much of a library so we worked with a team that is organizing, cataloging and brightening up the space.  Can you imagine going to school without a library?  One of my favorite children's book quotes was painted on the wall: 
"Please we beg, we pray
Go throw your TV set away.
And in its place you can install
a lovely bookshelf on the wall."
- Roald Dahl


My last grill cheese and tomato soup of the season at the South Philly Tap Room.  I will await your return when the weather turns cold again...


I went to Minneapolis for work and of course had to make a stop at the Mall of America.  My general consensus is that it was very Mall-like.



The amusement park inside was interesting, but it made me long for open and beautiful spaces without other humans...


Probably not wise to post someone's license plate - but this was too creative to ignore...


We ordered a tree from the city.  They planted a lovely little cherry tree in December (a very odd time to plant indeed!), and here it is blossoming for the first time.  I love this tree so much...


With my recent back problems, my mother convinced me to buy myself a good pair of Asic Gels.  She swears by these shoes (and has like 8 pairs).  I spent some birthday money on these flashy sneaks.  I prefer to give the credit to God healing me, but funnily my back stopped hurting as soon as I started wearing these.


I love all the blossoming trees in the city.  Even in the toughest neighborhoods - beauty finds a way.


Our first backyard bonfire of the season.  Welcome summer - glad to have you!

No comments:

Post a Comment